22-12-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.islamdor.com/vb/images/bsm-allah3.gif

GOODNESS AND OBEDIENCE TO PARENTS
Dr Abdulrazaq Kilani
Presentation made at Al-Usrah Inc Port Harcourt Weekly Study Circle
20th Jan. 2006/20th Zul Hijjah, 1426H

Preamble

Q 3:102
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِ وَلا تَمُوتُنَّ إِلا وَأَنْتُمْ مُسْلِمُونَ
O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam.
Q 4:1
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالا كَثِيرًا وَنِسَاءً وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ الَّذِي تَسَاءَلُونَ بِهِ وَالأرْحَامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيبًاO mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.

Q 33:70-1

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَقُولُوا قَوْلا سَدِيدًا
O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and (always) say a word directed to the Right:

33.71 يُصْلِحْ لَكُمْ أَعْمَالَكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَمَنْ يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ فَازَ فَوْزًا عَظِيمًا
That He may make your conduct whole and sound and forgive you your sins: He that obeys Allah and His Messenger, has already attained the highest achievement.
إِنَّ أَصْدَقَ الْحَدِيثِ كَلَامُ اللهِ، وَخَيْرَ الْهَدْيِ هَدْيُ مُحَمَّدٍصلى الله عليه وسلّم، وَشَرَّ الْأُمُورِ مُحْدَثَاتُهَا، وَكُلَّ مُحْدَثَةٍ بِدْعَةٌ، وَكُلَّ بِدْعَةٍ ضَلَالَةٌ، وَكُلَّ ضَلَالَةٍ فِي النَّار»
Verily, the best speech is Allah’s speech; the best guidance is Muhammad’s (saw) guidance: and the worst matters (in creed or worship) are those innovated (by the people), for every innovated matter is bid’ah ( prohibited innovation), and every bid’ah is an act of misguidance that(whoever initiated it) will reside in the Fire

EVIDENCE FROM THE QUR’AAN
Q. 17: 23-24
وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلا تَعْبُدُوا إِلا إِيَّاهُ وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاهُمَا فَلا تَقُلْ لَهُمَا أُفٍّ وَلا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلا كَرِيمًا
17.23 Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

17.24 وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُلْ رَبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا
And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood."

Allaah commands us to worship Him alone without partner

It is a decree of Allaah that no one should be worshipped except Allaah.

The worshipping of Allaah is connected to the idea of honouring one’s parents.

We must have good treatment of our parents

Q. 31:14
وَوَصَّيْنَا الإنْسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْنًا عَلَى وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِي عَامَيْنِ أَنِ اشْكُرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيْكَ إِلَيَّ الْمَصِيرُ
And We have enjoined on man (to be good) to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him, and in years twain was his weaning: (hear the command), "Show gratitude to Me and to thy parents: to Me is (thy final)
Goal.

Do not allow any of your parents hear anything offensive from you, nor even say uff- which is the mildest word of disrespect.

Do not do anything horrible to them-or make them angry, annoy or unhappy. Ataa b. Rabaah says:

“Do not raise your hand against them” (Tabari vol17:417).

Address your parents gently, kindly, politely and with respect and appreciation.

Be humble towards them in your actions

Always pray for them when they grow old and when they die.
Hadeeth
“ Jibreel came to me and said, “O Muhammad, he is doomed who hears you mentioned and does not say sallaah upon you” He said ‘Say Aamin’ so I said Aamin. Then he said “ He is doomed who sees the month of Ramadaan come and go and he has not been forgiven.” He said say, Aamin, so I said Aamin. Then he said, “ he is doomed who grows up and both his parents or one of them are still alive, and they do not cause him to enter paradise.’ He said say Aamin, so I said Aamin”
( Ibn Katheer vol 5,p.605, English Edition).
“ He is doomed, he is doomed, he is doomed, the man whose parents, one or both of them, reach old age while he is alive and he does not enter paradise”
(Ahmad 2:346/ Muslim 4:1978).
“Jahimah came to the Prophet (saw) and said, ‘ O Messenger of Allaah, I want to go out to fight and I have come to seek your advice’. He said: Do you have a mother? He said Yes. The Prophet (saw) said: Then stay with her for paradise is at her feet (Musnad Ahmad 3:429, al-Nasai 6:11, Ibn Majah 2:930).
Imaam Ahmad recorded: “ Allaah enjoins you concerning your fathers, Allaah enjoins you concerning your mothers, Allaah enjoins you concerning your mothers, Allaah enjoins you concerning your mothers, Allaah enjoins you concerning your close relatives, then the next in closeness.
(Ahmad 4:132).
“The hand of the one who gives is superior. Give to your mother and your father, your sister and your brother, then the closest and next closest
(Ahmad 4:64).
Q. 29:8 وَوَصَّيْنَا الإنْسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حُسْنًا وَإِنْ جَاهَدَاكَ لِتُشْرِكَ بِي مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلا تُطِعْهُمَا إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَWe have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did.

Our parents are the cause of our existence

We must treat them with the utmost kindness and respect.

Treat your father well for spending on you and your mother for her compassion
(Ibn Katheer vol 7:462).

Beware of your parents only when they want you to follow their own religion that is not Islam.

Allaah will reward you for your kindness to your parents and for your patience with them.

Q. 31:14 وَوَصَّيْنَا الإنْسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْنًا عَلَى وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِي عَامَيْنِ أَنِ اشْكُرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيْكَ إِلَيَّ الْمَصِيرُ
And We have enjoined on man (to be good) to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him, and in years twain was his weaning: (hear the command), "Show gratitude to Me and to thy parents: to Me is (thy final) Goal.

Q. 46:15 وَوَصَّيْنَا الإنْسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ إِحْسَانًا حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ كُرْهًا وَوَضَعَتْهُ كُرْهًا وَحَمْلُهُ وَفِصَالُهُ ثَلاثُونَ شَهْرًا حَتَّى إِذَا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُ وَبَلَغَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً قَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي فِي ذُرِّيَّتِي إِنِّي تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَإِنِّي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, "O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou has bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam."

No Teacher or friend can replace our parents.

When we are married, our love for our parents should not diminished

Disobedience to parents is among the signs of the last hour( see hadeeth of Jibreel according to scholars of Islam like Ibn Hajar

أبو يوسف
22-12-2010, 05:55 PM
جزيت خيرا أخت جروح

تم إضافة (بر الوالدين) على العنوان لكي يعلم القاريء ما هو الموضوع

سيرين ملكة زماني
25-12-2010, 03:38 AM
جزاااك الله خيرااا جروووح على النقل المميز

موفقة بإذن الله ... لك مني أجمل تحية .

جروح بارده
29-12-2010, 05:23 PM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4176/52557416.gif

الحمد لله الذي علم بالقلم علم الإنسان ما لم يعلم والصلاة والسلام على نبي الأمــم
سيدنا محمد الأجل الأكرم وعلـى آله وصحبه ومن تبعهــم بإحسان إلى اليوم الأعظم

الف شكر عالمرور

اسعدني تواجدكم المميز

تحيتي العطرة

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4176/52557416.gif

مرام الاميرة
29-12-2010, 05:55 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

شـكــ وبارك الله فيك ـــرا لك ... لك مني أجمل تحية .

موفقة بإذن الله ... لك مني أجمل تحية .

فلسطيني
30-12-2010, 12:18 AM
شـكــ وبارك الله فيك ـــرا لك ... لك مني أجمل تحية .